Updated: May 11, 2023
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Platinum K9 Limited,
74 Long Lane,
WHAT INFORMATION WE HOLD
If you make an enquiry with Platinum K9, we will record and retain your name, telephone number and email address in order to communicate with you. If you enter into a contract with us we will also request your home address. Your information will be held for a period of 5 years in order to provide after care under our contract of service. After this period the physical data will be securely removed and the electronic data erased.
HOW WE GET THE INFORMATION AND WHY WE HAVE IT
We only use information provided directly by you and by providing this information to us, you give your consent for us to store and use your information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the lawful bases we have for processing your information are:
- By consent – you are able to notify us in writing that you withdraw your consent at any time.
- We have a contractual obligation to update you regarding the progress of training and to provide aftercare.
- We have a legitimate interest to communicate with you in order to answer your enquiry and make any pre contractual arrangements regarding the training of your dog or the purchase of your dog.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOU INFORMATION
Your personal information will only be used in order to communicate with you regarding the arrangement, progress and aftercare of our training programs, or to respond to any communication instigated by you. Your information will not be passed to any third party, except for a veterinary surgeon if your animal is taken into their care.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The information will be held electronically by the business including telephone and computer. A paper record of your contract will also be kept securely on the business premises.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay a fee for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please use the details above to make a request.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data:
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline: 0303 123 1113